Reasons To Become An HVAC Technician
Today, having steady employment is not that simple as before, and that is why you should pursue a career that will provide you this particular possibility. That is the main reason why most people nowadays choose to become HVAC technicians and professionals because it provides them with numerous benefits.
Since we live in an age of modern houses and buildings, the need for HVAC technicians is in the rise and will increase in the next decade too. According to reports, there is a shortage of this particular profession, so after you become certified professional, you will be able to gain earning potential that will give you peace of mind.
Finally, you can consider working for the best HVAC company in Virginia Beach, or any other that meets your demands, or you can open the agency that will allow you to be a contractor and not just a worker. So possibilities are endless, and you will be able to reach your heights and gain steady income with this particular career.
Benefits Of Becoming HVAC Contractor:
If you want to work with your hands, earn a salary which is flexible and competitive and increase the professional skills that will allow you to open your business without going to university and paying for student loans, being HVAC contractor is the best thing that you can do.
Even though each career features some advantages and disadvantages that you can pursue, we are here to present you reasons why you should become a professional HVAC contractor:
- Competitive Salary – According to statistics, in the previous year, the annual pay for HVAC technicians was approximately $47,000, which is higher than the national median wage in the same year for $10k. Of course, everything depends on where you live, which means that you will be able to earn even more with this particular understanding. For instance, if you are an HVAC contractor in California, you will be able to receive more than $70 grand, which is a fantastic salary. Click here to see the energy efficiency you will get by installing HVAC system.
- Benefit Packages – Apart from the significant salary that you will get by becoming a technician, you will be able to gain other benefits and advantages such as signing bonuses, paid time off and extra hours and many more, which will increase the way you function along the way.
- Stabile Job – We have mentioned above that it is challenging nowadays to find a steady job that will stand the test of economy and crisis that happens all around us. According to BLS, the need for HVAC technicians will rise by 15% in the next decade, which means that at one point there will be a deficit. Therefore, by choosing this particular career, you will be able to gain a better and solid chance to work and earn a steady income and employment too.
- Opportunities For Career Growth – When you become a technician, you will be able to enter into numerous programs that will widen your career options so that you can become even better and more knowledgeable contractor. For instance, the modern technology uses specific types of cooling and heating equipment which means that you will be able to maintain them and install them only if you obtain particular certifications such as VRF, refrigerant flow and many more. As soon as you reach the point of becoming an HVAC technician, you can expand your knowledge and career prospects by choosing additional courses and programs that will improve your understanding.
Education Requirements For HVAC Contractor
Everything depends on where you live, but there are specific general steps that you have to take wherever you are so that you can become an HVAC technician:
- High School Education – The first thing that you will need is to earn a high school diploma or another certificate which would be equivalent to this education level.
- Technical Knowledge – Since cooling and heating requires specialized knowledge, you should understand and take interests in STEM subjects that include science, math, technology, and engineering, which will help your career to expand and improve in a faster rate. If you do not know what STEM is and why is important, you should check this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science,_technology,_engineering,_and_mathematics for more information.
- Secondary Education – As soon as you earn a high school diploma, it is vital to enter a secondary education program. Everything depends on which plan you choose, but it will take you between two and five years. You can join community colleges, vocational schools, or apprenticeship programs, which means that in all cases, you will be able to improve and become better than before.